Re: Brake Dust Shields

Gary.......

I don't have them on my DeLorean, but I have installed the Kleen Wheels dust
shields on my 93 Allante. I drive the car pretty hard and have done
autocross without any overheating. The shields have scoops to pull air in
and blow it over the rotor. I used to have to clean those wheels about
every 5 days; now I've gone weeks without cleaning them.

I got mine from Bev. Hills Motoring Accessories. I think you can also order
them out of AutoSport Intl.

Good luck,

--Jonathan

I was wondering if anyone on the list has the brake dust shields installed
on
their car. I am referring to the ones that go between each wheel and the
rotors. I was wondering how well they performed. I was concerned that they
may cause the rotors to get too hot since they seem to block the small
amount
of air the DeLorean wheel allows in as it is. I know solid rim types often
cause this problem as I have seen on trucks with custom rims that have no
holes in them whatsoever.

Gary Gore