RE: [DML] no door locks

David,

If the disconnected inertia switch wire is inadvertently grounded, the locks
will not work (they may lock but not unlock). Also, the "LOCK DOORS" socket
in the dash will defeat the locks if grounded; this happened to me.

The original door lock module was plagued with problems and may have failed.
You will probably want to replace it with a LockZilla regardless, since the
traditional advice to those with older lock modules is to disconnect them
before the solenoids fry. There IS a circuit breaker for the lock module
but it failed to trip even when the solenoids were clamped to tight it
prevented the doors from being opened.

You may also have a problem with the locking rods in the doors being
misaligned. If you want to check the function of the doors, I can give you
the wiring colors from the connector to the lock module that I used when I
was troubleshooting:

Red/Pink (2) : Door solenoid, Lock Door (apply 12V)
Red/Gray (2) : Door solenoid, Unlock Door (apply 12V)
Brown/Gray : Position switch from door; OPEN when both locks forward
(unlocked), otherwise grounded
Brown/Pink : Position switch as above except OPEN when doors locked

NOTE: These wires are joined together and connect BOTH doors. Also, the
door locks will not operate properly with the doors open. I used a
screwdriver to close the latches to be able to work the locks with the doors
open, but got quite startled when I tried to close the door. :-) By the
way, I might have the Red/Pink and Red/Gray wires reversed, my notes were a
bit vague. I knew what I was talking about at the time, oh well.

Good luck,

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695