[DML] Re: FS: Motor Makers in Ireland book

[DML] Re: FS: Motor Makers in Ireland book

If you look at the cover photo on this book on the ebay site, you will
notice a few odd things about the car pictured, reg.number AX1 1699..the
book was first published in 1982 when the factory was still in production,
the photo was taken in late 1981 according to John Moore ( who wrote the
book) and is still the senior man at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum
near Belfast.( where the original Giugiaro prototype lives ) The car
pictured is a Right hand drive, lent by the factory for the photo shoot. The
main clues are the roof radio antenna, the wipers "starting" from the right
hand side and the front flasher lamps that have been brought forward to
British specification . If you could see the sides of the car you would
notice the complete absence of side markers, front and back, being replaced
by one small round indicator repeater mounted towards the rear of the front
wings (fenders). see further pictures on our website www.delorean.co.uk

I own AX1 1698, RHD ( vin 5638) with identical spec.

AXI 1697 is in a museum near Birmingham (England) ,called the "Patrick
Collection", Although the museum has now "closed down" ,a few weeks ago,
myself and fellow DOC club member, Andrew Shannon were given special access
to photograph and record the cars details, we had access to file of the cars
history, purchase price, everything, It still has its original road tax disc
dated 1982. It vin number is 5565, date Oct.81.
The museum bought the car in 1982 and it states in the paperwork that is
was the personal car of Don Landor, Deloreans Managing Director!

These 3 original RHD cars were believed to be the first one's made.I still
have not found out which senior De Lorean man first owned mine!

Chris Parnham Hon. sec. DOC UK.