[DML] Re: James Bond DeLorean? [tongue in cheek]

[DML] Re: James Bond DeLorean? [tongue in cheek]

The DeLorean in ANY OTHER film not limited to the James Bond genre, would
be incredible. This new promotion would enhance the slightly tarnished image
we all know to well exists. "where's the flux capacitor?" asks every jealous
idiot.
If another villain or antagonist drove the DeLorean in a film, it could
drive the point home that the car is something that is not considered a car
or even something elegant/fun/unique/historic/exciting/ to own. It is
considered a toy thanks in part to the BTTF series of films. The foray of
BTTF/Cocaine/drugs/John DeLorean/ jokes would still continue, on and on and
on and on and on and on and on forever, until the car is used in a film again
and used in as a POSITIVE character.
If for the sake of having an example, James Bond or any other protagonist
in a film drove the DeLorean not as a weapon of destruction or as a toy, but
just a car that he motors around in. He could be trying to intervene in some
sort of evil force, where the villain drive something unsophisticated or
toy-ish. That type of coverage would have enormous positive effects towards
the general public.
Films or Movies are different things to different people. Some like the
escape that a film makes for them. A place to get away from it all. For
others a film or movie is one or combination of three things, to ENTERTAIN,
ENLIGHTEN OR EDUCATE. Imagine that, you could learn something watching a
film. You could learn that the DeLorean is a BTTF toy or lean that the car is
something else. You could learn that in TUCKER Man and his Dream, a true
story, Preston Tucker was pressured by the powers that be, and eventually
politics sent his to bankruptcy. ((Brad back me up here. Remember the Tucker
collection I took you to)). The "lookie Louie" and "gee whiz George" in the
world probably would think at first, wow James Bond is driving the BTTF car.
As the General Public/Audience sees the neutral stance that the real hero,
the DeLorean takes, more and more would begin to think "wow James Bond looks
cool driving that car. I wish I had one...I want a car like that...where can
I get a car like that? Do they make a car like that?

Brosnan and Michael Apted, the Film Director of the last Bond programme
wanted to use the Lotus Esprit again. The open air convertible BMW makes was
utilized since it was a car that the cinematographer could film "around" when
they put the top down.

The DeLorean is a unique car to own and drive. The Owners of the car are
a Unique group of people too. We should treat it like one and respect
everyone's right to do whatever they want to their car. However I and a huge
group of other DeLorean owners on this list and not on this list, wonder why
people are stuck on the BTTF jokes. Is that the only thing their capable of?

Lets PROVE any magazine or punk/jealous/@ssh0le wrong, Automobile, Road
and Track, CAR & Driver that writes negatively about the Car or the list.

The pen, or keyboard, is stronger than the sword.

Senator
81 DeLorean