[DML] ADMIN: About the DOA editorial discussion

[DML] ADMIN: About the DOA editorial discussion

I have to admit that at the beginning of the week when the messages concerning the DOA editorial started coming in, that I was not particularly looking forward to my shift as the guest moderator this week.

I am pleased that the messages on this topic have remained reasonably objective and constructive, and I'm pleased to report that I have not had to reject any postings because of "flaming" or other inappropriate content. I have, however, dropped a couple postings that I felt fell under the "me too" category and re-directed a couple that appeared to be intended for a particular audience rather than to the DML as a whole. My thanks to the DML subscribers for demonstrating moderation and level-headedness on such a charged topic.

The moderating team is always open to suggestions on how we might best serve the DML subscribers, and I suggest that many of the followup comments on this topic might best be directed either to the DML moderating team or to DOA representatives. It is not clear that there is substantially new material to discuss on this topic, so I will increasingly be dropping postings on this topic unless there are new developments or something particulaly newswortly.

The moderating team and I appreciate all the positive comments we have received as a result of this discussion, and we strive to continue to provide a service that you find beneficial.

Knut
Your volunteer moderator for the week