[DML] Changing Plug Wires

Deloreanernst@xxxx wrote:

> <snip>
> Speaking of which... today a well experienced shade tree mechanic
friend
and
> I tried to replace the distributor cap, rotor, plugs and wires.
Simple,
> right? It took us no time at all... to give up! (Yes, I DO have the
> workshop manual, not that it was any help. The tech bullletin book
I've
> ordered, but hasn't arrived yet. All I could find of use was the
spark
plug
> gap.)

The trick here is to break open the intake manifold in the front, then
loosen the mounts (not the hoses) for the fuel distributor and slide it
forward a couple of inches. Then you have access to the electrical
distributor to replace the ignition wires.

--
All the best -
_
| N & W | The Virtual Workshop, Inc.
= oo---oo = P.O. Box 98 Titusville Fl 32781
email: <mmyjak@xxxx> voice&fax: 321.264.0440

--
All the best -
_