[DML] car for sale

Here's one of those "DeLorean in a barn" stories. I just checked out an '81
gray 5 speed that is very dirty, has flat tires, and hasn't been licensed in
6 years. Expecting the worst, instead I found that it is totally straight,
with no interior damage either. It has been run during that time, but not
driven. It is a one owner car, with 44,000 miles, located in very rural
western Washington. The owner is a rather cantankerous and hard of hearing
gent. He has no tolerance for bargain hunters or dickering on the phone.
He wants $12,500 cash green money, which is about right for this car. If
anyone is interested in more information, please contact me. Serious
callers will be put in touch directly with the owner. I know the arguements
about buying cheap cars and putting money into them, but also know some
folks just can't afford to pay top dollar. (I've never lost a nickel on a
DeLorean yet, and have owned 6.) If this car is not sold as is, I plan to
bring it to my shop, detail it, and sell it for $16,500.

And my 2 bits worth on the current DOA/DML flap - welcome to the fun world
of the DOA. My personal experience is that it is a business disguised as a
non-profit club. They may complain that the DML has hurt DMC values, but as
I pointed out to them a few years ago they are based in LA, where DeLoreans
can be found for probably the lowest prices in the US. What does that say
about them and their chief benefactor? Keep up the good work DML, and tell
it like it is. An informed buyer/owner is better off than someone hearing
only the pleasant stories. Hey, its a 19 year old first-run car. It has a
few blemishes, but so what? Its still a kick, and a rush to drive even
after 14 years of doing so.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive