[DML] DOA who?

Funny thing- I had just decided that I should spring for the cost of
membership in the DOA. Haven't seen the DOA editorial, but I have survived so
far without DOA membership, but I wouldn't be an owner if not for the DML!
:))

Speaking of which... today a well experienced shade tree mechanic friend and
I tried to replace the distributor cap, rotor, plugs and wires. Simple,
right? It took us no time at all... to give up! (Yes, I DO have the
workshop manual, not that it was any help. The tech bullletin book I've
ordered, but hasn't arrived yet. All I could find of use was the spark plug
gap.)
I tried looking thru the archives... all 7000 plus posts... using the search
engine... before and after that experience. A great thing to do if time is
no object. It's probably in there. But I can't recall the procedure being
covered since I've been reading the posts (since last August.) I kept
getting 104+ responses, with nondescript names, that only sounded like they
might have the info but didn't. After about an hour, I decided to ask my
fellow owners, not the brainless search engine. Please help me out here: not
only the tune up procedure, but any more selective way of searching the
archives.

-Wayne
"Living the dream!"
VIN...11174