[DML] powder coating--wheels

I have a very early D with the dark grey wheels. I really don't like
them--they always look dirty.

So I decided to sand blast then powder coat them. Sand blasting was easy to
find--about $15-$20 per wheel. Now on the other hand, powder coating had
been difficult. I did manage to find one guy that offered to do them for
$30 a wheel, but he didn't have a silver coating to use. He said any silver
porduct he's ever used didn't hold up on the wheel.

Has anyone had this experience powder coating the wheels? What was the
product number, shade, etc of the coating they used?

Thanks!!

--Jonathan

#000697
St. Louis, MO