[DML] Re: car lift

I jacked my car up with a floorjack, and put wheelramps under the back tires. Although difficult, I was able to change the accumulator that way.

---Dan
I am about to replace the fuel accumulator on my 82 D so I wanted to pose a
question to others. I'm debating if I will be able to lift the car up
sufficiently to get to the part. All I have is a standard jack and blocks
to hold the car up. I've heard others say you need to put it ona lift to
do this job. For anyone that's ever done this themselves, is this true or
can it be done without a professional carlift? I'm afraid to take my car to
a mechanic around here anyway and prefer to work on the car myself so I
don't have to worry. Does anyone use a better method or affordable device
to get under their car other than the standard jack routine?? Also, I've
heard that if you've never replaced a fuel accumulator before, you can
damage the fuel system. Is this true and if so, what needs to be done to
avoid damaging somehting else?

Thank you,

GB