[DML] High idle, overheated, won't start

[DML] High idle, overheated, won't start

Hi, ok I have a weird combination problem upon me now. Last night I took my 81 to get pizza, I left the car running while I ran in to get it. Well a friend was there, and we started talking (bad idea), and about 10 minutes later, I looked outside and my D had overheated, big time. I refilled the coolant a few hours later when I drove it home, and put the battery charger on it. It seemed to run ok on my way home, except for the high idle. The idle, when I left home was around 2,500 rpms. It does this about once a week; the idle goes really high, and usually after revving the engine, it stops and goes back to normal, it wouldn't do that today. But now for another thing, when I took the charger off this morning, the car won't start. I had it on trickly charge, and the battery is full, but I only get a click from the engine when I try to start her. Any ideas?
Thanks a million,
Mike Schaefer