[DML] Troiubles Shifting Revisited

Dear Group,

About a week ago I wrote concerning problems shifting on my 81 Manual. As
some of you may recall, it was only in the 1st/2nd/reverse gears where there
were problems. This occured after a long drive in heavy traffic. After
letting the car cool down that night, it returned to "normal". I have
driven it on several short trips this week without incident. I received
many comments refering to the slave/master cylinder and braided stainless
steel clutch line, and even a couple mentioning transmission problems. I
had the slave replaced in November but not the master. Given that I have
not duplicated the problem, does this give any one additional information
concerning where to start? What would cause it to work since, albeit on
short trips. I have not duplicated my rush hour trip. As always, I
appreciate your help.

If you would like you can e-mail me direct at RKula@xxxx

Richard