[DML] Re: New improved parts from DMC Houston :)

At 11:57 AM 2/11/00 -0600, you wrote:
>There are many parts that are improved, both from redesign as well as
>updated stock from the original suppliers. Interior dome lights,
>shift boots, window switches, mode switches, speedo cables and rack
>boots being just a few. An ongoing project of mine is to note these
>"improved" parts at our online store, and perhaps a "master list" of
>these parts elsewhere at the site is in order.
>
>We already have new mirror glass made, and have experimented with a
>"wide angle AND normal" mirror, similar to a "bifocal" lens. It's
>hard to describe, and never got much past the prototype/testing
>stage. If anyone is interested, email me and I will look into it
>again.
>
>James Espey
>DeLorean Motor Company
>Houston, Texas

To ALL:

A comment worth posting as an adjunct to James's reply above is:

There was a suggestion this week about the possibility that I produce
some of the now hard to find or other small plastic parts for the DeLorean.

I could do so and have for some parts in my own DeLorean, however I have seen
several videos that Ken and others made at the old warehouse, plus talking with Steve W.
it's my take that all the parts at DeLorean Motor Company Houston, Texas are
almost certain to be better and likely less expensive than any thing I might make. There is no question that any new parts projects I might undertake are going to be expensive.

I urge every one to consider purchasing such things as a first alternative from DeLorean Motor Company Houston, Texas., P.J. Grady or Don, and "Yep" even DeLorean-One
here in California.

I can't stress enough the importance of understanding the enormity of the effort it has taken Steve at DeLorean Motor Company Houston, Texas to put a viable Delorean centered business together and the commitment he has made to provide the very best quality in both original and new parts. The fact is that being a sports coupe' and rear by most standards, owners must expect that parts for the DeLorean are going to cost more than the same item for a mass produced car.....

Fumblefinger
AKA - Lee

CAUTION : Any individual or group discharging a nuclear device or weapon
inside Los Angeles city limits may be fined $500 - and/or serve 30 days in county jail.

It's the LAW!