[DML] Re: Battery 2

>It could be the glovebox light, just a thought.
>
>Scott Duke

When we first bought our DeLorean, the battery was constantly being drained
(even after replacing the battery). We found that the plunger switch that
turns the engine compartment light on/off was tilted sideways, so when the
engine compartment cover was closed, it wasn't turning off the comparment
light. We didn't notice it at first, because the bulb in the comparment
light needed replacing. Anyway, that was the source of our battery drain
problem.

As a precaution, when the 'D' hasn't been driven often we put it on the
battery charger for a few hours every week. We find this sufficient to keep
the battery charged.

Rick Haslewood
Sydney, Australia
delorean@xxxx