[DML] Re: Battery 2

Joe,

I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing this out to the list. It has
been a while since I performed the repair, but now I recall that I replaced
it with a new positive lead. The relevance of this is that if the brown
wires are to be replaced, it should be done with a properly insulated lead
having proper connections on each end, and NOT with a bare ground strap.
Sorry for any confusion, but I guess the bottom line is to just check all of
these high amp connections and make sure they are clean and in good shape.

Eric
VIN 17065

>Eric and other readers please be aware that the three heavy brown wires
>connected to the alternator are not
>ground wires, they are 12v positive.

<Snip>
>> Here I discovered that my ground lead from the alternator consisted of a
>>few heavy gauge brown wires with crimp connections on each end.
<Snip>