[DML] Re: Engine Coversions and Forgotten Sports Cars

[DML] Re: Engine Coversions and Forgotten Sports Cars

Could someone else please comment on this if they can! Is it true?  A $10K fine for removal of the catalytic converter? Also if you have any info from VA or NC or CA please speak up!

The reason I ask this, and this could be of use to anyone out there looking to purchase a DMC, is when I bought my car (from the original owner) I knew he had made modifications (lowering, adding a turbo) but when I went to get it smoged  in San DIego they noticed it did NOT HAVE  A CATALYTIC CONVERTER!  I did not know this when I purchased the car!  I now live in CA but I am moving shortly to N.C.   I had to register the car in VA (i have VA driver's license) because it would not pass smog in CA.

I beleive this could be beneficial to people purchasing DeLoreans.

Thanks,

VIN 16367

corry bailey <spddemon@xxxx> wrote:

You run into the same problem with the maserati. They offer a Y pipe
instead of a cataytic converter for the european car. This is for euro
use only. Im sure the same applies to the delorean. In Texas if
anyone is cought with a car that has the catalytic converter removed or
tampered with they will recieve a 10,000 dollar fine.

Corry Bailey

> The vehicle emissions laws change from state to state, but as far as I
> know it is not legal to remove the catalytic converters in any state
on
> a vehicle for standard road use.
>
> I think you can purchase the Euro-exhaust from the European club web
> site.
>

> Matthew Lach wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if the parts required for a conversion of a us
spec car to a
> > euro spec car are readily available?
> >
> > And does anyone know if it would be legal to do this in the US?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Matt

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx