[DML] Re: Engine Coversions and Forgotten Sports Cars

[DML] Re: Engine Coversions and Forgotten Sports Cars

Mr. Lees-Milne,

I agree with what you posted.

The picture of this exhaust system on the DOC of UK website is impressive. I
am sure that this system is working very well, from the written testimonials
of the members who had installed it.

In the past year, I have written to the DOC of UK several time in the hope to
purchase this exhaust system. Martin said he would forward my e-mail to the
right person, so they can give me the info required. I have not heard from
anyone since then.

Anyway, your posting today is indicating this system is available as info on
how to fabricate one. I would like to know if the "complete system" can be
purchase from the original fabricators and the cost in US dollars for the
system and including shipping.

Purchasing this system from your fabricators as "ready to install," would cut
the "down time" and "trial and error" that would be involved in "getting it
to be right." Your fabricator must have the jigs, the tooling, all the
experiences and the know how when they were making the systems for the
previous members of DOC of UK.

Tackling a header system from new would require too much engineering and
mechanical work to "get it right." Once a header system is in the vehicle,
the rest of the components will be easy to fit. The headers itself is a
positive and a worthwhile step in helping the engine to evacuate the exhaust
gases with less restrictions in raising the horsepower at least 10%. The
PVR's performance will be more responsive just with the headers alone. I
believe this is the least expensive way to upgrade the PVR.

If this system is within the price range of the original DMC's exhaust
system, it may be worth the while to experiment in modifying this system.
Since it will be used in the USA (myself in the New York State) by adding a
catalytic converter(s), an oxygen sensor, with the correct non-restricted cat
converter(s) and muffler(s) installed, this system can be made to comply to
the US emission standards while being able to pushed to get a more then a 10%
increase of HP.

I think this would be the first of many different steps to raise the
horsepower of the PVR engine without the super expense. It can still be
reconverted back to the original system if one is not satisfied with it.

FYI. Rob from PJ Grady has headers in his Green DeLorean and there is a
difference in power and performance. Rob is not producing any more of his
headers.

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY