[DML] New and better(?) AC light fix?

I have a challenge for someone who really understands electronics.
One of the main problems on the DeLorean is the high-density lights behind the AC control panel. The panel gets too hot, and the AC decal dries up. Every DeLorean owner knows what I'm talking about. Yes, I know that someone did a wire modification so that the AC lights only go on when the headlights are being used but this is really of no help for us living in Europe.

BECAUSE:

In Europe it is a standard to have the headlights on all the time and that means on a bright sunny day as well as in the evening/night. This is really a good rule (at least I think so) because with no doubt, you ARE definitely more visible to other drivers even on a sunny day! In Norway where I live, you will be fined by the traffic police if they catch you driving without the lights on. I have no problems with this because the way I see it, its better to have the headlights on during the day for added visibility (and lesser chance of somebody crashing with you) when driving the DeLorean.

So what I'd like to see from the Doc Brown's on this list is the following:

Make a wire modification that can be used together with the rheostat. The rheostat is the knob next to your clock on the console. Turning the knob will brighten/dim the lights inside the instrument cluster.

See my point?
If the AC lights were somehow wired to the rheostat, then those lights would be controlled by the rheostat. You'd get the same amount of brightness/dimming on both the instrument lights and AC lights at the same time.

For us European owners (and those American owners who chooses to have their headlights on ALL the time day and night) we have really no use for the wire which turn on the AC lights when the headlights are on. In my case, this will only mean that the AC lights will still be on.

Any comments?
I'll pay a good price for a solution that works namely a wire to the rheostat so that the AC lights are synchronized with the instrument lights. Then you can have those lights off during day and find your preferred brightness in the evening/night.

I think the bulbs are the same in the AC lights and instrument cluster lights so I think it would not be very difficult to do this.
However, I am not an expert on Lucas electronics.... PLEASE HELP OUT WITH A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM

YOURS SINCERELY;
STIAN BIRKELAND
NORWAY