[DML] Re: dmc stuff for sale

Didya think about checking eBay? A prospectus recently sold
for $132.50 and a stock certificate recently sold for $52.

There is current auction for a prospectus that is at $52 at
this writing and ends 02/03. I would expect to see the high bid to
be at least double that before ending. Frankly I would not give you
10 cents for a prospectus, but I would love to have a stock certificate
in mint condition.

Ask what you want. Caveat emptor I say! I repeatedly see new and
used items sell on eBay for far more than new ones readily available
at retail. A good example is the "DMC" license plate. It is
frequently billed, AND sold I might add, as "extremely rare" or "hard
to find", "very valuable", and "no longer available", all inaccurate.
Obviously the prospectus and stock certificates don't fall into that
category. But if I were you I would put the prospectus on eBay with
tons of hype such as "extremely rare" or "exceptionally rare", "last
one available at any price" or "none better at any price", "priceless",
and such. Say as much as you can about it and post at least six
different photos of it.

Back in the 40's and 50's, maybe earlier, there were signs on gas
stations out west that proclaimed "last gas for 200 miles". A few
miles down the road another gas station claimed the same thing. In
the twilight zone anything goes, particularly if you have never been
there before.

Good luck!

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)