[DML] Re: The Resurrection of Vixen v Christine...

[DML] Re: The Resurrection of Vixen v Christine...

Even after asking the owner three times why he disassembled the car so
completely, I never got a good answer... "to clean it and restore it"
was pretty much all he said.

I do know he bought it for his wife, as it was a "cheaper" version of
the Lotus Esprits he collected. He had a rather bitter divorce, so the
car never was reassembled. I have determined three possible reasons why
he may have taken it apart...

1) To spite his ex-wife by ruining the car he bought for her
2) Sometimes in a divorce, people pull stunts like that... Taking apart
the car yields just a pile of "car parts" to the assessor of your assets
during the divorce proceedings versus the asset of an assembled car
(there can be a HUGE diffeence)
3) He was an idiot.

As for the Christine references... well, I'm a big fan of that
particular book/film, and have quite a few pieces in my collection...
including, of course, a 1958 Plymouth identical to the one seen in the
film. =) To complete my movie car collection, I only need the
Bluesmobile. And a Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am. And a Knight Rider
car. But one at a time... one at a time.

Although we may be beating it to death, the part I purchased was indeed
the brake master cylinder, not the clutch m/c. My mistake on the
original DMC part number, but the Girling number is the same.

Oh, and just a little teaser here... I'm going to start selling some
very unique, very collectable DMC memorabilia very shortly to help
finance my project. Therefore I'm opening up the VRF Store. (Vixen
Restoration Fund). I'll post more information soon.

-Dave Stragand
http://www.forwardlook.net/dmc
Vin 5927