[DML] Re: Interesting find inside door

Ref writing in door insides...My Grey Auto vin.5638, reg. number AXI 1698,
has a date of Oct.81 on the door vin plate...yet written inside the doors in
marker pen is May82..indeed it was registed and taxed by the factory in May
82..I assume mine is not typical, as much of the intervening time was
probably taken up during the conversion to Right Hand Drive. Personally I
think the date in the door headliner is an good indication of any final
adjustments made just before they "left the factory" rather than the date
the chassis plate was fitted. This is probably much more complicated with
the majority of the cars that were shipped to the USA.. did the quality
control works in the USA write anything in the headliners? Mine is also
initialled next to the date..are all cars like this?..all the ones I've seen
in the UK are..If so, we could organise cars into groups from specific
individuals or shifts / inspectors at the plant!

Speaking of bits of paper found in the car I have a red/pink Delorean
Motor Cars LTD. drivers licence, no.A0178, dated 1st June 81, in the name of
Dennis Patterson, Department...Test, person 240...nice find eh?

Happy and peaceful Christmas to all,

Chris Parnham DOC uk.

BTW..I think the moderator could be right...lets start off the new
Millennium with a slightly "less aggressive" attitude..quite a few of us
lost our cool over the last few months ( some of it was "moderated" away!)
CP