[DML] Borla Exhaust Tips

I found a set of tips in a catalog that I think would look great.
They fit our size pipes, and are 3 1/2" in diameter and 9 inches in
length.
Has anyone put tips on that large before? I am concerned about melting
the bumper. Any thoughts would be helpful. Also, if I wanted to
replace the muffler, is stock the way to go, or has 20 years of newer
technology given us something better.

Thank you all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS,
Ross
VIN 911