[DML] engine heater

Has anyone has success with an engine heater?? It's only down in the 30s
here in St. Louis now, and my D doesn't like it at all. By January when
we're looking at much lower temps, I don't know what it'll do.

I drive mine 4 miles (7 minutes) to school every morning and by the time I
get there, I'm just getting heat out of the ducts. It's still hesitating
after idle too. For the first mile out of my neighborhood I run in first to
keep it from dying (automatic trans). At the end of the 4 miles the needle
is just barely off the bottom line.

I can't go out an start it 5-10 minutes before I leave because it will die.
I have to keep a touch of pedal in there to keep it running (about 900-1100
RPMs).

It usually stays in an unheated garage and sometimes outside. I'd really
like to try an engine heater. There's only two in JC Whitney--one that
sticks onto the oil pan, and another that is magnetic. Know of anyone else
who sells them?? Where's the best place in the engine compartment to place
it?? What's a fair price??

Thanks!!

--Jonathan #000697

gatewayaag@xxxx "gatewayaag"