[DML] re: Engine Bay Cover

Nigel.........

Thats the first thing I had to do on my car since the bracket was broken.
For the first few weeks I used a baseball bat to prop it up. I searched all
over St. Louis and finally for a hood prop rod made by Lisle. It's
telescopic and spring locks hold it in place as you pull it up. It can be
sized to fit in either corner, or right in the middle. It also works for
the hood. One time when I was putting gas it my D, the hood got caught by a
gust of wind, fell down, and ripped a square inch of skin off my hand--so I
ALWAYS use the prop rod or DMC umbrella just as a back up.

They're about $20-$30. If found mine at a local parts store but they're
also at http://www.imparts.com. My all time favorite catalog,
http://www.griotsgarage.com also has prop rods, but they're the screw and
lock type and take much longer to setup.

The problem with my cover is that the bracket ripped off the two holes in
the cover. You can move the bracket forward or back on the piece because it
wouldn't fit right. Has anyone been able to fabricate a piece to fit around
those ripped out holes?? I imagine it would be similar to the clip used to
hold the screens in place.

Thanks,

--Jonathan