[DML] Re: Print it again...

I think the real issue in re-printing SSI would be getting the needed
permissions to do it.

James Espey was looking into a softcover and hardcover reprint of SSI a
year or two ago. See this archive issue for the initial post he did:
http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/dml352.html

My quick search didn't turn up the results of this, but my often
fallible memory says that he ran into problems getting permission to do
the reprint due to legal issues.

Mark N
VIN 6820

"." <jd-@xxxx> wrote:
> Dick Ryan has a point regarding re-printing Stainless Steel Illusion
in hardcover. It would not be nearly expensive to reprint it in a
softcover edition, particularly if the color sections were reprinted in
black and white. I would guess that at 15-25.00 each pre orders for
1000-1500 copies could be presold, particularly if this edition had
updates and perhaps a new chapter by Lamm. A lot has happened since
1984 at between libraries, DMC/DOA folks and BTTF collectors, I'm sure
it would sell well, particularly with SSI's reputation as the
unchallenged definitive look at the DMC.