[DML] Re: gas flap

In a message dated 12/11/1999 2:00:40 AM GMT Standard Time,
tomcio@xxxx writes:
> That is not all correct. My D is vin 6298 and it has a flat hood - no lines,
> no gas flap! It is original from the factory.
> Go figure.
> Tom Niemczewski

Are you the original first buyer of the car? If so then your car may have
been held up in the factory prior to shipping. Many cars were held in the
Export Vehicle Preparation section awaiting attention having failed final
inspection and then subsequently were upgraded. Secondly, if your car had a
replacement hood at any stage after 1982 then it would have had the flat hood
fitted. The factory bulletins are by and large correct, but the way I
figure it there are a lot of hybrids out there for a variety of reasons.
Robert Lamrock
Belfast