[DML] Re: no start

In a message dated 12/7/99 1:32:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RappaRivaRat@xxxx writes:

<< This will be my fourth battery since new, and only 9800
miles! It has been my experience that a frequently used battery will last
much longer than a seldom used one, particularly if the seldom used battery
is
allowed to become completely or nearly discharged between uses. >>

Ed,

I'm on my third battery since '84. After those replacements, I think I've
found the answer, which I also use on my motorcycle. The winters are long
(four months) where I live (Upper Michigan) which means the summer toys
hibernate during that time. For both vehicles, I adhere to a charging
schedule of one day on the charger every month. I have a 10 amp auto charger
for the Delorean and a 1.5 amp charger for the bike. The batteries seem to
be performing well under this regime.

Burke