[DML] Re: Opening Doors

Hi List,
    I'm going to have to agree with Murry. There is many universal kits out there, they were made for cars with shaved door handles. I installed mine last year but I never came across any kit made for the DeLorean. I even e-mailed Darryl to see what kit he was using. But I think he made up his own kit. I ended up using VPA's kit ordered from Summit's catalog, suggested by another member.

    And it is very hard to install if you choose to put it in yourself. You get really deep into the door mechanisms and setting up the wiring for it is a pain. But it is well worth the trouble.

The solenoids are not gear driven there're magnetic, they're similar to the DeLorean's door lock solenoids except; they only pull in a cable that you attach to your main arm the rods are connected to .

Regards To All
Mike Vin #1113