[DML] New Gullwing

Hello fellow DMLers
Although a new "DeLorean" may be a myth more than reality, it does appear that our friends at Lotus will in fact be coming out with a gullwinged car in the next year or so. The following is a quote from Autoweek 11/9/99:
"Lotus showed a revised M250 concept car at the London Motor Show last week, with a big hint it plans to produce the care beginning in the first half of 2001. If and when the mid engined, aluminum composite car get the green light, it will be ready for North America six to ten months after its European debut. The big detail change revealed at London is a pair of scissor doors. Lotus designed a compound angle door hinge, placed above the front wheel. The door moves slightly away from the car as it rises. ... Sure sounds like a green (production) light to us. The M250 sports a 250 Hp, 3.0 liter V6 and a six speed manual gearbox..."
Sounds interesting, no?

David Levey
Cleveland

Stan Berkland wrote : I guess a lot of people on this list is curious about the rumored
new DeLorean - the D2 on www.delorean.com
I'd like some feedback from those of you on the list who are DeLorean-owners....
Question: Do you agree that a new DeLorean, if ever produced, should resemble the original DeLorean from the eighties?