[DML] Re: heat shields

My third DeLorean, which I drove for about 5 years almost daily, was a very
early car (VIN 923 I think) which had no provision for a heatshield. There
were no brackets. They normally are a part of the lower muffler brackets,
but this car definitely did not ever have them. I had no heat related
problems with it at all. Please note that I am NOT advocating that anyone
leave their heat shield off. But I would like to know if any other owners
of very early cars were similarly un-equipped.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
McCleary, WA