[DML] NEC Car show/DOC Site Update

Dear All,

Well, what with sifting through all my photos and updating the website,
I now settle down to write my report on the International Classic Motor
Show this past weekend at the Birmingham NEC. Firstly, I'll tell you
what's new on the website

There are LOADS of photos of some GREAT cars on our fantastic stand at
the show, and I have created a new page dedicated to the Euro-spec cars
and their associated conversions. Club Gallery and Members cars are as
usual the main pages to change.

The DeLorean Owners Club Uk had the largest stand we've ever had at this
show and we certainly did the marque justice! We also won 2nd place in
the Best Stand competition - credit to Dave and Chris.

We had seven cars on display, and I will list them here:

Factory right-hand manual owned by the Hoopers

Factory Right-hand Auto owned by Chris Parnham

THE OTHER factory right-hand Auto owned by Chris Parnham, decorated with
BTTF parephanalia incl lit flux capacitor, time circuits and engine
"vents".

Mark Bourne's pristine Left-hander in centre stage on blocks, with Sony
Minidisc stereo blaring out various recording samples from Back to the
Future.

Stuart Pennington's newly acquired left-hand manual (Jan '82)

Stuart's early '81 automatic with gas flap, still a work-in-progress.

Chris Parnham's newly acquired right-hand original with 4 MILES ON THE
CLOCK.

The BTTF car and "Dusty" the recently rescued right hander were
displayed in a "barn" setting to the left of the main stand. Dusty is a
truly remarkable car. Covered in grime from where she has stood for the
past 16 years, Dusty was bought 4 weeks ago by Chris who wanted to
display her in the dirty condition before cleaning her (now polished
like a new penny!). Dusty has no windscreen wipers, they were never
fitted at the factory! She also has the US spec rear taillight cluster -
they hadn't got around to changing that! Chris was kind enough to let me
start her up after the two-day show and she idles beautifully. Mark
managed to burn the clutch when reversing her onto the trailer at the
end of the show...:o)

All-in-all the stand was a massive success. We attracted LOADS of
punters, and met a lot of great people. I got into an argument with one
gentleman who told me that the DeLorean is just a copy of the Bricklin.
I disagreed, and eventually agreed that apart from being a two-seater,
rear-engined car with gullwing doors, they were totally different (I
told him about the differing door mechanisms)

Strangely enough, no-one mentioned The Car's The Star at all.

As they say "a picture paints a thousand words" - well, there are stacks
of new images on the website. So I'll shut up,

Best Wishes,

Martin
DeLorean Owners Club UK
http://www.delorean.co.uk