[DML] Re: eBay Delorean

I dont think this is true... I see in the listing that he does claim to
have a "corresponding speedometer". This would not be original, but he
does not say that.

Maybe it was a windy day, and he had some sails tied to the roof!

Based on the gear ratio of a Delorean, I would expect that in 5th gear
you would have to maintain about 6000RPM for 160MPH. That is assuming
you could keep the car on the road at that speed.

I have had my twin turbo at 130MPH for a sustained 15 seconds (I have a
170MPH spedo). That was about the point that I started to feel on the
edge of good control of the car.

160, I just dont think so. Maybe 160KMPH? I agree with Carson, he is
Smokin' Crack!

I see the listing does not say he drove it 160MPH (Smart move.. Its not
a selling point to say you dove a car like that!). The sellers claim is
that it is RATED at 160MPH.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=193582183

The pictures look familiar.. Is it someone on the list?

porn_starr_bill@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
> said he got it to go over 160MPH with the stock engine! Its for sale
> starting off at $15,000. 160MHP without any mods or turbos?!?! Can
<SNIP>