[DML] Re: Motor Idle question

>when the car is at idle the engine
> vibrates very much shaking the car. :-( It goes away once you >give it
> some gas and I do not notice it. Once the RPM's increase the >vibration
> goes away, it is like the timing is off or something...I am no Mr.
> Goodwrench so any help would be appreciated.

Look at thr rear of the engine, just to the right of the distributor and
you'll see the vacuum solinoid with a vacuum line going to the distributor
and another going under the intake manifold. There is an electrical
connection that should be plugged into the solinoid and it's very easy to
bump it loose when you're messing with things in that part of the engine
compartment. If it's unplugged the engine would act just as you've
discribed.

Bruce Benson