[DML] Re: DMC-12

Phil,

The early 81 DeLoreans had the gas flap & lines on the bonnet. Early in '81
they discontinued the flap due to stamping problems. ( I believe the small
radiused corners cracked) Later that year, they decided the lines added
nothing but more stamping problems and cost to the vehicle and they were
discontinued. Also early models had "In the windscreen" radio antennas, a
bad GM idea, that caused poor reception. DeLorean went to a series of manual
front and rear antennas (some with keys) and finally a power rear antenna.
The DMC "12" I don't believe anyone really knows where this number 12 came
from, the JZD theory to sell his car for $12K is widely held but in my
opinion nonsense, I prefer the 12th sketch from the Italian designer or
someone grabbed the # 12 "Out of the air" theories.

Mike in NH