[DML] Re: (The refered to dies are ... ) was Where are the molding dies?

[DML] Re: (The refered to dies are ... ) was Where are the molding dies?

Steve <slevy007@xxxx> asked:
>why did they throw the dies in the ocean? What are the dies for?

re: the body panel dies, (pulled from the faq and also other postings
on the list and the http://www.dmcnews.com site) there has never
actually been any reasons given for the reasons they were thrown into
the ocean. Apparently they are being used as underwater weights for
somthing (I've never found any reference to what they're holding down
...), the problem is that, according to a friend of mine on the
manufacturing business, the dies are basically useless after about 15-
20 minutes of contact with salt water, and the body dies have been
underwater for oh ... quite a few years now.

As for the fiberglass floorpan dies, see the other extremely recient
replies on the subject :-)

Josh S.
(Lunatic at Small)
now.here@xxxx