[DML] Re: Clutch not releasing

Thanks to all for your suggestions on solving the "stuck" clutch problem.

As you may recall, it appeared that the clutch was not disengaging the
flywheel from the transmission.

A friend at work suggested that I try placing the transmission in reverse
while the engine was off. Then, I depressed the clutch peddle to disengage
the clutch while cranking the engine. When I first tried to crank the
engine the car lept backwards. I tried again and the clutch disengaged and
the engine started. I ran out of time tonight to try and drive the car, but
it seems to be OK.

Now, I would like your input as to why the clutch would stick to the
flywheel and not release. As I said in my original post, there was plenty
of fluid in the clutch hydraulic system and no problems when I last drove
the car several months ago.

Any ideas??

Scott
002981