[DML] Re: Turbo and Audio

Marc A Levy wrote:
<snip>
> Some owners have chosen to not cut the plate, and install a newer shaft
> style unit. Kenwood had (I think it was discontinued recently) a unit
> that was shaft style, and would control a CD changer. If you can still
> find one, (Model 3001) they had a reasonable price. If you are a audio maniac (like myself) I dont think this unit will meet your requirements.
<snip>

It was the Kenwood KRC-3006 and you're right, it was discontinued
recently. I picked one up from Circuit City about 1 1/2 months ago. At
that time, they had 39 left in the Special Orders warehouse. It was
going for $139.95 if anyone is looking.

Also, the 6 disk changer fits nicely into the locking storage
compartment but there's no room on the sides for the mounting brackets.
I have one just sitting in there and it hasn't skipped yet.

Jim