[DML] Delorean Sighting

Hey guys-

I just got back from vacation to find ~300 DML messages in my mailbox-
argh!
So if someone has already mentioned this.. oops!

I was just out in Auburn, Indiana for the annual collector car auction at
Kruse Auction Park- I saw two D's out there. The first was a rather
normal '81 D, the other was something to behold!

The sign said it was picked up at an auction in '84 from DMC's bankrupcy
overseer- a bank or whatever (I'm sure someone knows). It was an '81D
prototype with the sliding half-windows, gas flap, hood lines, NCT
goodyears, and no air vent on the rear quarter panel. The odometer read
.8 miles! Unfortunately, I became instantly stupid and forgot to take
down the VIN- duh. If the D trackers want to find out more about it-
VIN, how much it was auctioned for or to, etc, you can probably get that
information from Kruse- Don't ask me, I know no more than I've already
said... though I managed to remember to take a couple pictures.. If
anyone is interested I'll send a pic out when I get the roll developed...

I remember someone mentioning a sighting of such a car in a similar
situation a few years back on this mailing list; I'm not sure if it's the
same one...

Jim

VIN: 1..2..3..4..5 .... 12345! That's the combination on my
luggage!