[DML] Re: DMC the rights???

At 12:46 PM 8/13/99 BST, you wrote:

>I am searching for the answer to who if anyone owns the DMC rights/copyright
>etc.
>
>As far as I know Stephen Wynne owns the name, but as far as I can tell the
>rest is oblivion.
>
>Lotus deny the existence of at least one prototype that resides on-site.
>They cannot sell it because no one can claim ownership. The link for this
>site is:-
>
>http://delorean.connect-2.co.uk/newsletter.htm
>
>I would like to know if producing any stock Delorean scaled models (not
>kits) would be causing any kind of violation. Universal own rights to
>anything BTTF (Back To The Future) related so as long as the scaled model
>cars are totally 100% original factory cars with the lourves etc there
>should not be any problem if no one owns the rights.
>I have tried to contact Lee Seiler to find out what he came across regarding
>this subject when trying to sell his kits, but he seems too busy to reply,
>so can anyone help with this matter?
>
>On one last note I spoke to Martin (the UK site owner) for the first time
>night. A knowledgeable chap, I learnt quite a bit. Thanks for the advice!
>
>regards
>
>Christopher M. Hawes
>CMHDevelopment@xxxx

reply:

For what it's worth:

I own the copyright and trade secrets to my version of the stock scale models
that I am selling.

I am unclear why Mr. Haws has raised the issue of or is speculating about
copyrights
in the scale models on the DML. I have an arrangement with Steve Wynne with
regards to his interest in the DMC as well as JZD.

I have directly corresponded with JZD and so far as my attorneys are
concerned I own
all rights to the hand made art works (sculptures) of delorean sports coupe.

And Yes there are still Kits available.

Fumblefinger

AKA
Lee

___
Radiance Software Int.	Leader in VRML Authoring software	Over 200,000
copies distributed

EMMY Winner
Best Technical Achievement
(computer generated effects)

1726 Francisco Street	Berkeley CA. 94703	1-510-649-9118
lseiler@xxxx	http://www.radiance.com	offices: California,
Florida, Tokyo Jp.