[DML] The R-30 or R-1 that is the question???

[DML] The R-30 or R-1 that is the question???

Greetings everyone,

I have been trying to find out which Renault gearbox was fitted to the Delorean.

I know that the R-1 albiet reversed roatation is fitted to the latest 300+bhp twin-turbo V8 Lotus Espirit the DMC-12's only living relation. By the way Lotus would want £10000 ($15000) for the complete engine as it should fit straight into the DMC-12 they are almost twins.

I have heard that an R-30 is fitted to the DMC-12 and would like to know that if this is the case then what are its horsepower/torque limits?

You are probably thinking, why not ask Renault? Well I tried them but they do not know anything about there OWN transmissions!

So here I am, is there anyone on the list who has the knowledge to deconfuse me?

regards

Christopher M. Hawes
CMHDevelopment@xxxx