[DML] Re: need insight!

Erik,

Maybe I was just lucky but,....it only took me 2 hours to change out the accumulator.  Some have taken 6 hours or longer.

The "trick" that I found was to release the hard tube fitting first.  This is the one that goes to the 90degree elbow on the accumulator.  I used a 17mm tube nut wrench for this.  The handle was long enough that I could get an extension (vice grips) on it to get the leverage to break it loose.  Once this was done, I undid the four bolts in the bracket & with a little wiggling (of the accumulator) you can pull the entire assembly down through the access hole.  It does clear with all hoses connected.  At this point you can remove the bottom hose with the hose clamp and then the fitting on the top hose. Be aware that the bottom hose is the return line to the fuel tank and is full of fuel.  Have a container ready to catch about a quart of gasoline.

When you are ready to reinstall the accumulator, reattach the hoses.  The "trick" here is that the hoses were twisted so that they didn't kink and close off fuel flow.  What you have to do is reinstall them with the twist. You'll be able to see pretty quickly just what direction & how much twist you have to put in when you start to reposition the accumulator.

Best of luck on the operation.....

Richard