[DML] vent problem...

For some reason, I still can't get sufficient heat or cold air to blow on my feet when the climate control knob is in the "bi-level", or the "foot" position. I reach down and feel a little air coming out, but I feel it just isn't what it should be. I did tape up the foam piece that DMC Joe recommends, but that just stopped the outside air from coming in. I got the controller rebuilt from PJ Grady last year, so nothing is leaking. I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions? ---Dan