[DML] Re: Engine Cost

 <lobbjilmdfmejmbgpgdpoececaaa.ale-@xxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=2015
> Could someone tell me approximately what it costs to put a completely
new
> engine in a D? Im considering purchasing one, however it has a "small
> overheating problem" I have already been informed on the seriousness
of this
> "small" problem. Anu feedback and comments will be well appreciated.
>
> Alex Wolf
> VIN# 000000iwish

I had Rob Grady look at a car for me in May and he told me it needed a
motor
and that it would cost me about $6k just for that and then the rest of
the work would be...thus he saved me from buying a beater. So based on
that I would say $6k is in the ball park for a motor. After almost
buying that car I now have the feeling if a car needs a motor it
probably needs a whole lot more also and I would be very carfull about
a project car like that. It is very easy to get seduced by a low price
but it will cost you in the long run. FYI there is a red Deloran in my
local paper for $5,500 (NEWSDAY). I was tempted to call but I bet the
car isn't worth buying unless you wanted to go through the trouble of
parting it out.

Mike D.
vin 3113 NY Lic DLORIANN