[DML] ADMIN NOTE: Commercial Clarification

[DML] ADMIN NOTE: Commercial Clarification

Gerald Deutsch asked:

> It was my understanding that commercial advertisements
> weren't allowed on the list... If that is true, is Mr. Espey
> the only one excluded because he created the list? Or
> are advertisements allowed now? I am very confused.
> Moderator, please clarify for all members of the list,
> because this post from Mr. Espey looks like an advertisement
> to me. Thank you.

I allowed the post from Mr. Espey because it was a direct answer to
subscriber Mike Babb's question as well as valuable information for the
thread. If a subscriber asks about TankZilla and Rob Grady answers with
the URL of his website, I will certainly allow that, too.

The Moderation Team gave this guideline on Monday: There's a line
between "yes, that part's available," and "Sale! Sale! Sale!"

Unless someone has a new insight into this policy we consider the issue
settled. Our generic answer to all those comments will be to refer back
to that guideline.

- Mike Substelny
This week's DML Moderator