[DML] Re: older or newer model

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Hickman wrote:

> as soon as i find the right one. i was wondering if i should get the
> first year model or the last year model because of updates, and do you
> guys support my decision.

Doesn't make any difference. At this point the single biggest factor in
the quality of the car is how it has been maintained. The recalls are not
particularly hard or expensive to do, and just about any well-maintained
car will have had them all done already anyway.

The best thing to do is to simply look for a good car, and not worry about
the model year.