[DML] Re: Stainless Steel Body

> ryan arsenault wrote:
>
> I read of how the stainless steel body of the DeLorean is easy to
> maintain, Could you use steel wool on it also?

If you have a scratch or blemish that ScotchBrite won't remove you
could try steel wool, BUT NEVER use regular steel wool. You MUST
use stainless steel wool. It's not easy to find, but it is out
there. Regular steel wool will leave tiny particles behind that
you can't see.....until it rains or gets wet and then you will
have tiny brown spots all over that you CAN see. If you use either
stainless steel wool or ScothcBrite NEVER brush or rub using a
circular motion. Always move in the direction of the "grain" of
the surface you are working on.

There are also professional "restaurant" grade SS cleaners out there
that work quite well. A brand that I use regularly with really good
results is "TR***Stainless Steel Cleaner Sealer" made by TR Industries
of South Gate, CA. (I don't know if this brand is still available.)
These types of cleaners/sealers can usually be found in a good
restaurant supply store.

Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx