[DML] Re: Upgraded radiator - Bent Front Cross Members

[DML] Re: Upgraded radiator - Bent Front Cross Members

Dan,
This is a very common problem, we see this all the time. This was the
reason the factory created Safety Campaign No. RA-0001 which included two
heavy duty doubler plates and strengthening brackets. If you frame
extension is bent up to the 1/4 to 1/2 inch as you mentioned it will affect
your front end geometry therefore you will need to have the frame
re-aligned. The reason that your cooling system has not been greatly
effected is because the system can maintain cooling with the failure of one
of the cooling fans. However, the one fan operation will effect your AC
cooling efficiency especially when the car is not in motion.

Having your mechanic creating special brackets to compensate for the bent
frame member is a "band-aid" type fix. For your safety, do the job right.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx