[DML] Re: Disassembling/Assembling door covering

[DML] Re: Disassembling/Assembling door covering

DMC Joe,

You're right, I meant the interior door panel. Indeed I remove the
upper and the lower part because I had to get to the motor of the power
window. First we removed the upper part (which came off quite easily),
but it took us quite a while to remove the lower part, mostly because
of the door handle (which you pull to close the door) of which we
couldn't find the correct screws. We removed the rubber inside the
handle so we could loosen a particular screw. After that, the rest was
quite easy (except for the fact that we almost broke the plastic
surroundings of the controls which are mounted on the lower part of the
panel.

I'm a bit afraid that we might have to use a little force or a little
too much force in order to replace the lower panel so my question was
if there was a particular order. I suppose that the people at the
factory could do this within a few minutes without applying
unneccessary force instead of one hour (or more) and a lot of effort.

To summarise, Just doing it in reverse order doesn't seem a good idea
to me..

Yours,
Rob.

original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=1447