[DML] Re: New Yokohama tires

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Ben Krasnow wrote:

> back. The sizes are 205x60-14 (oversized) for the front, and 235x60-15
> (stock) for the back. www.tirerack.com is a great site to use for tire

You should be able to get the AVS Intermediate in 195/60VR14, the stock
size.

Regardless of that, 205/60R14 should work just fine too. They will be
slightly larger but probably not enough to really be noticeable.

> hunting. My question is: Has anyone used these tires on his or her
> car? How stiff does it ride? How well does it handle? Right now I

The AVS Intermediate is an excellent tire. I have used them on RX-7s and
while they are not a true track tire, they will still develop a whole lot
more grip than the NCTs that came with the car. For a street tire, they
are about as high quality as you can get while still maintaining some
reasonable tread life.

The AVSi is probably the most popular DeLorean-sized tire available. It's
a pretty stiff tire, but the DeLorean likes that. :}

Michelin also makes some 195/60HR14s, but they are a different tread
pattern and compound than the 235/60HR15s that would fit the back, which
is bad.

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx