[DML] Re: Brown Stains on A Grey Dash

Several years ago my original dash developed a "brown stain". It actually appeared like a "sunburn", with a pattern to it. It developed shortly after using a dash cover during a hot Texas summer - the dash had previously been uncovered but armoralled regularly. One afternoon during a particularly hot day, I took the dash cover off and measured the surface temp of the dash. It was over 150 F. These were not stains - they were scorch marks. Two summers later the binnacle blistered badly and had to be replaced, followed by two huge vertical splits in the dash where the, you guessed it, "stains" were. Maybe too late for you but I'd suggest that you GET RID OF THE COVER and go to an outside window cover or car cover. Because of the very limited availability (I think the grey ones are gone) of dashes, you might want to plan for the future and put one away

steve brodsky 82 delorean #10688, 75 bricklin #1509
DeLorean31@xxxx wrote:

 mrcopies@xxxx writes:
<< Quick question...
  I have some brown stains on my grey dash.  It is normally covered by a
dashmat and looks fine but was wondering if anyone has ever been able to get
these stains out.  The rest of the dash is fine and looks great... no cracks
etc..
  Thanks

I too was wondering about these stains.  I have a couple which are very
small.  I didnt try to remove them because of how small they are and because
I didnt want to damage the vinyl with the wrong chemical.  If anyone has had
a similar problem and found a solution I too would like to hear about it

Gary W. Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic
VIN 3360
http://members.aol.com/delorean31/index.html

Don't let the next virus knock you out! Special Offer to eGroups members
Install @Backup by June 30th and win a $100 Gift Certificate from Amazon
.com and @Backup free for a year! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/363

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderato-@xxxx